Saturday, October 25, 2008

Just so there's no doubt ... I'm a genius

I had a patron come in looking for Marley & Me. I looked up the author, fantastic, but I already knew it was a non-fiction book. Which sucks, because our catalog is down (stupid fire!). But then I had a totally genius idea. I looked up the book in the Des Moines and Iowa City library catalogs. Obviously, those didn't tell me if we had the book in this branch, but it at least gave me a call number (636.7). I happily wrote it down and the patron was happy that I'd thought to do that and could now go see if we have it. I don't know if we do or not. She hasn't come back with a status report or anything. :)

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online

Creative Commons License
Erika the badass librarian by Erika Earp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.