Monday, October 13, 2008

Best. Phone call. Ever.

I had a very nice woman call the library today and ask me some questions. I had to look up two of them, but I knew three of them.

1. That English author, Tolkein, wrote a book, I think it was more of a children's book. What's it called? (After I said The Lord of the Rings, she said that all she could remember was Ring.)

2. Richard Chamberlain played someone on a TV show years ago, I think he was a doctor. (Dr. Kildare)

3. There's a Danish actor who played a doctor on TV. Years ago. I think it was Dr. Christian. Who was that? (Jean Hersholt)

4. Who wrote Fur Elise? (Beethoven. At this she said "he wrote a lot of stuff!" like she was amazed.)

5. Who wrote the Moonlight Sonata? (She didn't believe me that Beethoven also wrote that, so I looked it up, like a good little librarian.)

I wanted to ask her if she was watching Jeopardy. But it's too early for that.

One of my coworkers just came in to let Nora know that a major fight is beginning outside of the workroom (I don't know if it's in the library or outside). The police are on the way, someone pulled a gun out (I think that was a police officer who was here). I am so happy I'm not on the reference desk right now.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online

Creative Commons License
Erika the badass librarian by Erika Earp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.