Thursday, September 25, 2008

Banned Books display

Here's the list of books I'm including in my display:

  • And Tango Makes Three - Peter Parnell and Justin Richardson, illustrated by Henry Cole
  • The Stupids Step Out - Harry Allard, illustrated by James Marshall (yes, the movie The Stupids with Tom Arnold was based on Allard's books)
  • James and the Giant Peach - Roald Dahl
  • A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle
  • Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies From Outer Space (and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds) - Dave Pilkey
  • Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret - Judy Blume
  • Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - Alvin Schwartz
  • The Giver - Lois Lowry
  • The Golden Compass - Philip Pullman
  • The Chocolate War - Robert Cormier
  • My Brother Sam is Dead - James Lincoln Collier
  • Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
  • Ulysses - James Joyce
  • A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess (or as it's called on the bookmark here The Clockwork Orange)
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey
  • Their Eyes Were Watching God - Zora Neale Hurston
  • The Color Purple - Alice Walker
  • The Jungle - Upton Sinclair
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain
  • Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
  • In Cold Blood - Truman Capote
  • The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
  • Lord of the Flies - William Golding
  • Ordinary People - Judith Guest
  • The Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger
  • Invisible Man - Ralph Ellison
  • Black Boy - Richard Wright
  • Animal Farm - George Orwell (I scoffed at convention and chose this instead of 1984)
  • Catch-22 - Joseph Heller

I've already read 11 of them. I've read a few Captain Underpants, but I don't think I've read the one I grabbed off the shelf. I'm excited to start reading all of these, after I read the other 6 books that are already on my plate. :)

Happy reading!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online

Creative Commons License
Erika the badass librarian by Erika Earp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.