I think I've figured out how I'm going to do the whole church hopping thing (thanks to Missy for the phrase). I'm 99% sure I'm going to stick to Fayetteville churches only, because there are probably enough to last me a couple of years. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to just go on Sundays or if I'll include other days as well (like Good Friday). But here are four basic guidelines for the churches I'll be visiting:
- if I am afraid to drive through the neighborhood, I'm going to skip it--I don't really feel like coming out of church to see my car missing.
- if the church is in a school gym or auditorium or other school room, I'm going to skip it.
- if the church looks like a front for shady business, no no no no.
- if the church is a "storefront" church, no. Especially no to the one I drive past that's by the gas station that I think is actually a drug den.
And that's the basis of my church hopping tour. It's starting this weekend, January 9th. I'm excited and nervous.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment