Sunday, August 16, 2009

preparing and a new goal

To help myself prepare for my 5k, I went to the high school by me to run around the track. I confirmed something I suspected back in 2005. I cannot run around tracks. It makes me ill. I don't know what it is about going around in a circle (oval, whatever), but my body doesn't enjoy it. So I drove over to the Cape Fear River Trail instead. I've decided to go over there each Sunday. My goal is to be able to walk the trail and then jog back to my car (that's 4 miles each). Today I walked 3 miles and jogged 1 mile. My mile of jogging was divided into 1/2 mile stretches, but I managed to do it! While this doesn't get me ready to jog 3 miles on Saturday, it did help me know what it'll be like walking and jogging outside.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online

Creative Commons License
Erika the badass librarian by Erika Earp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.