Saturday, November 29, 2008

musings of a nerd

So I bought a car. A brand new car. A 2009 Toyota Yaris. She's silver. Her name is Ruthie. (No, not after the hard partying Ruthie from Real World Hawaii, the name just popped into my head.) If you are so inclined to look up the car on Toyota's web site, I got the 4 door hatchback model. Or wait a couple of days and check back here, because I fully intend to take pictures tomorrow.

Thanksgiving was nice. Logan (one of my fellow librarians) came over. He brought a duck, homemade green bean casserole (no, really, he made a sauce, sauteed mushrooms, and breaded and fried his own onion rings), and homemade mac and cheese. Jason and I supplied dressing, creamed/creamy spinach, and cheesecake. I forgot to make rolls.

Instead I made the rolls and took them to Tiffany's the next day for another Thanksgiving meal with other librarians. We played Trivial Pursuit, Book Lover's Edition, because we are nerds. We aren't nerdy enough to play the game quickly, however. It took about 4 hours. We used about 3/4 of the cards. I won. On my second trip to the center. My first trip to the center I was wavering between picking a question from Children's and Book Bag (kind of a miscellaneous category). I went with Book Bag and didn't know. Then Donny read me the Children's question: What is Ramona's last name? I said "Quimby! I should have picked children's!" So I picked Children's the second time I got there. I don't remember the whole question because after I heard "literal-minded maid" I put my arms in the air and said "Amelia. Bedelia." Oh yeah!

The best moment at Tiffany's on Friday was when her phone rang.  Her ringtone is very regal sounding.  Like when a king or queen is coming in a movie and the guys with trumpets all line up and play some sort of announcing song.  And as it was ringing Sarah said "Is the king coming?" and for some reason everyone lost it.  Then, at some point Sarah just started laughing.  To the point where she couldn't talk.  And I thought "I knew I liked her."  It's so nice to finally meet someone else who just randomly laughs.

Tonight Jason and I decorated out Christmas tree.  It's quite pretty.  Most of the ornaments are blue and silver and the lights are blue.  Tomorrow I hope to cut out a pattern and fabric to make a pair of pajama pants for Jason.  And if I'm feeling terribly adventurous I'll cut out fabric to make myself a skirt.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online

Creative Commons License
Erika the badass librarian by Erika Earp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.