Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Erika?

Alright.  It's 2009.  So I guess I'm supposed to make resolutions.  I'm not too big on actually making them or keeping them.  But here they are:

  1. Start, and not kill, a garden.  I purchased seeds today for cucumbers (the packet says this packet is good for containers), dill, mint, basil, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, and green onions.  Jason doesn't think I can do this, which only makes me want to do it more.  And, with the dill and the cucumbers, I can make dill pickles!!
  2. Begin to learn German.  This will help me when it comes time to apply to schools for my Master's in Religious Studies, since they want people to have at least a reading comprehension of French or German.  I'm opting for German.
  3. Get back on track with money.  I need to go online and apply for a deferment for my IDAPP loan.  I think my first payment is due, well, today.  And I don't have the money.  :(
  4. Go to my first ALA conference.

And, in awesome news, I managed to re-cork my champagne.  So, while Jason and I watch football all day, I'll be drinking mimosas!  I have PLENTY of orange juice, due to the fact that the lovely state of Iowa gave me a cold for Christmas.  American Airlines gave me a first class seat from O'Hare to Raleigh, and all Iowa gave me was a cold.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for deferments! I just did the same thing. I be one poor little librarian.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online

Creative Commons License
Erika the badass librarian by Erika Earp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.