Wednesday, December 28, 2011

best books from 2011

Top 10 books that I read this year (in no particular order):

  1. Assholes Finish First--Tucker Max. The man's a total asshat, but his stories make me laugh. A lot.
  2. The President's Vampire--Christopher Farsnworth. Nathaniel Cade returns to fight giant lizard people. Also, at the beginning he blows up Osama bin Laden (a giant lizard man) with a grenade in the mouth.
  3. Elizabeth I--Margaret George. I love Margaret George. I love books about Elizabeth I.
  4. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo--Stieg Larsson
  5. The Girl Who Played With Fire--Stieg Larsson
  6. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest--Stieg Larsson
  7. Vaclav & Lena--Haley Tanner. Heartbreaking and sweet all at once.
  8. Inside Scientology--Janet Reitman.
  9. You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl--Celia Rivenbark. Laughed until I cried.
  10. The Name of the Star--Maureen Johnson. Loved loved loved. Can't wait until the next one comes out.
Honorable mentions:
  1. I Am Number Four--James Frey's sweatshop Pittacus Lore
  2. Vampire Haiku--Ryan Mecum. This one won out over the 2 zombie haiku books simply for it's haikus about movies and tv shows. And because it made Joss Whedon a vampire hunter.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online

Creative Commons License
Erika the badass librarian by Erika Earp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.