Wednesday, December 9, 2009

my end of year resolution

I weighed myself today. I weighed more than I ever have before. Ever. And then my pants were fighting me when I went to button them. So....I'm going to lose weight. For a couple of reasons:

  1. I don't want health problems, like heart issues or diabetes
  2. I can't afford to buy new pants, plus I like the ones I already have
  3. I'm getting older and the older you are, the harder it is to lose weight
From now on, I'm going to do my best to eat healthy foods like salads, chicken, and donuts! Okay, maybe not donuts. But for dessert (because I need me some sweets) I'm going to be eating Weight Watchers ice cream. It's really good. You should try it. And for snacks, I'm going to bring baby carrots and celery and other raw veggies with me to work or wherever. I'm trying to convince Jason to join me for the same reasons.

I'm going to get better about working out again. I'm going to start doing my pilates again. And I'll go for walks--I might not start running again because my right ankle and left knee have been acting up again lately, but I'll get my exercise in.

And, to give myself motivation, I'm going to consider myself responsible to you, my dear blog readers. I'll have updates on how I'm doing (including how much my fat ass weighs). And I'll start right now.

Today I weighed in at a whopping 180 pounds (not necessarily whopping for some people, but for me, it's whopping). I ate 2 donuts (blech) and a bowl of oatmeal. I also left work after an hour because my stomach was upset (I'm going to blame the donuts). I plan on going for a walk here soon, because since I got home, I've been sitting on my butt watching movies and knitting.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online

Creative Commons License
Erika the badass librarian by Erika Earp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.