Wednesday, December 23, 2009

best books

Let me start this post with a (fairly) obvious statement: I am a nerd. This year, as I'm sure I mentioned in some other post this year, I created a Google doc to keep track of what books I read. This was to compare how many I read with how many Jason read, since his goal was 25. My list is currently up to 73. And I have 4 days off work coming up, so.....by January I should be up to 76. I went down that list and jotted down titles I really really liked, intending to whittle them down to 10. No whittling needed. I actually wrote down 10. So, out of the 73 books I have read so far in 2009, here are my favorites (in no particular order), with the years they were release in parentheses:

  1. The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper (1973)*
  2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (2008)**
  3. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (2009)
  4. Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (1990)*
  5. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith (2009)
  6. Clubbing by Andi Watson and Josh Howard (2007)
  7. Unholy Business: A True Tale of Faith, Greed and Forgery in the Holy Land by Nina Burleigh (2008)
  8. Emiko Superstar by Mariko Tamaki and Steve Rolston (2008)
  9. The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews (2009)
  10. The Help by Kathryn Stockett (2009)
*read before
**read twice this year

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online

Creative Commons License
Erika the badass librarian by Erika Earp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.