I'm watching a show I recorded on the History channel called Hitler and the Occult. For those who don't know, I don't like history. I think it's boring and it was never my favorite class in school (it wasn't my least favorite either, thanks to Iowa requiring me to take science classes). The only period of history I'm remotely interested in (and it's not a remote interest, it's a big interest) is Hitler's Germany. I think I'm just fascinated that so many people could be led to believe that Hitler wasn't batshit crazy. So I'll pretty much watch anything on the History channel that is about Hitler. And, my religion background makes the occult portion of the show very appealing to me. So, way to go History channel: this show is gonna be badass! (As much as a show about one of the most evil people in history can be badass.) So far the coolest part doesn't even have anything to do with the occult. The Nazis used to have these candlelight parades. They showed footage of one where they were walking around a central point in the shape of a swastika. It was actually really really cool to see.
Friday, September 11, 2009
"You are an illustration, why am I talking to you?"
My question is this: how did so many people buy into the Nazi propaganda? I see this stuff and think "that's just ridiculous." But do I only think that because I've been taught my whole life that Hitler was evil? I vote no. They keep showing pieces of propaganda that talk about how "Jews are ape-men" and have these ridiculous drawings of these ape-men. Why did people believe this? Especially with the pictures? Take a freaking look around, do you know anyone who looks like a monkey? I don't. I'm going to move onto a new, not upsetting/depressing topic. But first, if you want to see an amazing movie about the Holocaust, watch Shoah.
I'm over halfway done with Tiffany's Doctor Who scarf. Not much over halfway, but still it's nice to be over halfway done. I checked out a book yesterday with some patterns in it that will become a few Christmas presents this year. I'm happy to have them planned so early.
I love that even though rats are disgusting and not cute in any way, Remy is adorable!
And finally: GO HAWKS! Beat State!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 Comment:
There's been a lot of research done into how so many people could follow someone so evil. It's actually not all that surprising... As Tommy Lee Jones said in Men In Black: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." So, it's easy for you to see the propaganda and know that it's crazy... but the scared people of the time didn't know what to believe.
I'm actually reminded of the book we read for Gen-X. Not all that long ago, people right here thought terrible things about other races... And even right now, some people think terrible things about gay people, Muslim people, etc.
It's amazing how ignorant and cruel the human race can be...
Post a Comment