Saturday, April 4, 2009

adventure!

Yesterday I had an adventure! I was off work (because I'm working today). So I decided to go out geocaching. I had one specific one in mind--close to the apartment, secluded, would make a nice walk. I went on Google Maps to find a good route. And that's when the Stand By Me aspect began. I walked down my street to some train tracks. Because if I followed those, it would be a quicker route than walking up the busy street, down a long street, and down another long street. Train tracks=faster route. Um, except for the part where I had to cross two bridges. And if a train came, I'd have to jump off into water that looked about 6 inches deep--safe, right? I got to the bridges and was smart. I bent down and felt the rails. Satisfied that there was no train coming, I walked across as quickly as possible. I was walking on the side grates, which was possibly scarier than it would've been to go across the ties. I got to my destination and poked around for a long time, getting the crap beat out of me by nature. I found some pretty headstones (it was by a little cemetery), some beer bottles, a prickly tree thing that I would prefer to never encounter again, and a recliner. But no ammo box.

I decided to give up and head to my next destination: Food Lion. I managed to make my way out to the busy street (by walking down the long streets). Although it took so long I was starting to get seriously worried that I was lost. And Google Maps was NOT loading properly on my phone, so I was freaking out a little inside. I got to Food Lion and bought some cheese and a bottle of water that I drank before getting home. I also timed myself on the walk home, and it's only a 20 minute walk. Jason and I can totally walk to the grocery store now if we're not buying a lot.

Total time outside: 2 hours, 50 minutes

Number of scratches: 8

Times bitten by fire ants (always on the left foot!): 2

Times reminded of Chunk saying "I hate nature!": gazillion

Percentage fun: 100

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online

Creative Commons License
Erika the badass librarian by Erika Earp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.