Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Tale of Despereaux

I thought the commercials for this movie looked absolutely adorable.  I decided I wanted to see it.  Then I found out it was a book first!  On Saturday I checked out the audiobook at work.  I finished it last night.  This was an absolutely amazing story.  The reader did a great job, he did voices for the characters, and he just had a great voice.  The audiobook is only 3 hours long, so it won't take long.  I listened on my way to and from work.  After hearing the book, however, and watching the commercials, it's quite clear that the movie changed a lot of the story.  But...it still looks adorable and I still want to go see it.


Even if you think reading children's books is silly and there's no point for adults to read them (I'm looking at you, Jason), read it.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online

Creative Commons License
Erika the badass librarian by Erika Earp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.