Sunday, February 8, 2009

mission: accomplished

I got a lot accomplished today.  I got my little container garden planted.  I planted cucumbers, mint, dill, banana peppers, green onions, jalapenos, and basil.  And I even remembered to bring the pots in for the night.  I bought all of the pots and soil and seeds last month, but I was waiting until it was nice enough for me to sit on the deck and do the actual planting.  And since it was in the 70s today, I figured it was a good enough day to do it.


I also did four loads of laundry--two were my clothes, one was sheets, and one was a bed spread.  Then I thought someone stole the sheets.  I went to put them in the dryer, and the washer they were in was in use by some guy.  I asked him and he said that the washer had been empty when he opened it.  I didn't quite believe him, but I didn't really want to challenge him.  So I took my dry clothes home, folded them all, and then walked back to the laundry.  The guy was gone, and I opened his washer.  It was in the spin cycle, and sure enough, my sheets were in there.  I pulled them out and threw them in a dryer.  I don't think he was intending to steal my sheets, but I think he really thought the washer was empty.  The sheets are a dark burgundy, and the light was off, so I can see how he would think there wasn't anything in there.  But on the plus side, when I grabbed my sheets I took one of his socks.  And I don't feel bad about it!

I also did a couple of loads of dishes--very small loads.  All that's left now is a cookie sheet.

I finished Dewey.  It was lovely.  I cried when he died.  It was very sad and sweet.  I think it was a fabulous book.  And it definitely made me wish I worked in a library with a cat.

I got more done on my Frank Lloyd Wright afghan, which is really close to being done.  I have 10 out of 12 blocks done.  That will definitely get done this week, so I'll post a picture of it in a few days.

I even cleaned the apartment a little bit!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online

Creative Commons License
Erika the badass librarian by Erika Earp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.